As we all know that passport is a mandatory travel document and it has now drifted from paper-based to an Electronic passport also known as a digital or a biometric passport. An E-passport is a very safer and smart option as it will have a 64KB chip embedded in it which will have unique biometric information like dactyl gram, scan of facial features, and retina and iris impression for the purpose of authenticated identification. It is based on PKI which stands for Public Key Infrastructure which will ensure that the personal user data stored in the chip does not fall into wrong hands.
This will also put a full stop on the malpractices taking place like duplicity of the passport, imitation of personal information, and misusage of the passport. The E-passport is an advanced contact-free technology-based result. An antenna and a microprocessor chip is also inserted in the passport that will help establish communication between the machine and the chip now let us discuss about its features:
1. An E-passport is enrolled with (RFID) radio frequency identification which makes the data reading more quickly and advance.
2. An E-passport will reduce the immigration time required at the airport.
3. The biometric data stored in the chip will be completely safe and avoid the chances of data manipulation or steeling.
4. The E-passport is technologically built so advanced that even on being at a distance; the data will be readied at one tab.
5. E-passport is wireless and easy to carry.
6. In case of digital fraud or data copying, the E-passport will not be able to pass through the transmitter during the authentication at the airport.
Read More : mPassport Seva mobile app makes easy passport process
How to apply E-passport:
So here the steps to apply for it.
1. The user has to visit the “passport seva” online portal.
2. Then one has to log in with the credentials.
3. Once done, tap on “apply for fresh passport” or “re-issue of passport” according to one’s requirement.
4. If the user has already held an ordinary, diplomatic or an official passport then opt for re-issuing or else for a fresh one.
5. After filling up the required details one has to click on “Pay and schedule appointment” for a round of appointment.
6. After this the user is required to make online payment which is implied on mandatory basis, the payment can be done from various modes such as credit/debit card, internet banking and SBI bank challan.
7. After the whole procedure one can take out the hardcopy by clicking on “print application receipt”. It will hold the users reference number (ARN) and the appointment number.
8. During the procedure the user will receive SMS on the registered mobile number with the other details as well. The SMS are prominent enough to act as a proof while visiting for the appointment.
9. At last for submission of the original documents visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or regional passport office (RPO) according to the place and timing of the appointment.
Must Read : How to know which Email ID and Mobile Number Linked with Aadhaar card
After going through the application procedure the user will receive the E-passport instead of the traditional passport. At last I aspire that the users must have got the clarity on the E-passport and its uses.
I hope you like this E-Passport guide. If you have have any query and suggestion, then please use comment to tell us. We try to best to resolve your query. If you want a guide of any topic then please write us, we try to make a simplest guide for you on you topic.